Everyone is welcome to join ONE RUN: Walk/Run for Yolanda Victims. Click HERE for more details.
DATE: November 16, 2013, Saturday
- 4:30 AM – Donations will be accepted
- 5:30 AM – Run starts
- 7:30 AM – Run closes
VENUE: Track 30th, Bonifacio Global City
WHO CAN JOIN: Anyone who wants to help the victims of Typhoon Yolanda. You may run or walk anywhere from 30 mins to 2 hours.
WHAT YOU CAN GIVE: We will accept cash donations of P100 or more per runner. In kind donations will be accepted as well. Unilab Active Health will collect and deliver directly to Red Cross.
WHO ARE THE BENEFICIARIES:
TBR focused on trusted and credible groups where we could be assured the funds would be used properly and go directly to those in need. Cash donations will be given to the following:
(1) Javier, Leyte – A portion of the funds raised will be handed over to The Master’s Light Foundation of runner/triathlete Maricel Laxa-Pangilinan. TBR and Maricel will decide on items to purchase which are immediately needed by the people of Javier in coordination with Mayor Sandy Javier. While many of the people here have survived, the entire town is devastated and they need immediate funds to begin anew.
Families: 4,000 to 7,000
Photos of Javier below after Typhoon Yolanda struck.
(2) 6 Island of Agutaya, Palawan – A portion of the funds raised will be handed over to runner/triathlete and Palawan-based missionary Philip Leroux of Team Secondwind-Sun Broadband who is personally helping with relief efforts in the 6 islands around him.
Updates will be provided on this blog on how funds will be used.
From Track 30th on 31st Street, RIGHT to 7th Ave., STRAIGHT to Justicia Drive all they way to 8th Ave. Before reaching Kalayaan road, RIGHT at 40th Street, RIGHT to 9th Ave. Then LEFT to 38th street passing University Parkway. RIGHT to Meritt Road until you reach 34th street for the first loop.
You may run one, two, or three loops. Note that all runners must be back at the finish line by 7:30AM.
To finish, before reaching 34th Street, turn left to 11th Ave, cross 32nd Street. Right to 30th street until you reach Track 30th.
IMPORTANT REMINDERS FOR EVENT DAY:
Please take note of these reminders to keep the event safe and trouble-free.
- Bring your own hydration. Gatorade will be available but limited.
- No bibs. No singlets. No medals or lootbags will be given.
- Run anywhere from 30 mins to 2 hours. Run or walk 1, 2, or 3 loops. (See course map.) Run will close at 7:30AM.
- Cash donations of P100 or more is preferred. Please bring exact amount. No change will be given. In kind donations (bottled water, easy to open canned goods, old singlets/clothes, old shoes/slippers) will be accepted. Only usable items please.
- To expedite collection and avoid long lines, groups or teams are encouraged to combine funds and donate as one.
- For transparency, donations will be documented. Updates will be given on delivery of donations to beneficiaries via thebullrunner.com.
FOR TBR-ULAH DREAMERS:
- Bull Session 3 proceeds as is. Run 1hr 45 mins led by Coach Lit Onrubia.
- Meet INSIDE Track 30th. Assembly 5:00AM. Briefing and Grouping at 5:30AM. Run starts 5:40AM.
Thank you to Unilab Active Health and Gatorade for the support. Thank you to ProActive and Team Unilab Active Health for volunteers. Let’s all work together to do what we can to help Yolanda victims.